Pizza Night

I just boiled a bunch of chicken and shredded it so I was trying to think of recipes to use it with.  I have never been good at making homemade pizza and always failed on the crust.  I found this recipe for the dough HERE.  I think this is a no fail recipe for crust because I actually added 1 cup extra water and so I had to add more flour and it still turned out great, imagine if I hadn't messed up, maybe it could have even been better than it already was!  I didn't use her topping recipe exactly so I will post what I did.  I tripled the crust recipe because I wanted to make 3 different pizzas.  The recipe below is for one pizza to feed about 4-6 people.  Our family of 6 ate almost 2 whole pizzas so next time I'll only double the recipe.  I made them before church and placed them in the fridge.  The crust did raise a bit more but it was nice to have a more fluffy crust.  But it would be good to not let it rise too much.  The buffalo chicken was a little bit too hot for the kids but I liked it.  The mozzarella basil one Kyrie (my 5 year old girl) loved it.  The barbecue bacon pizza was my favorite and it disappeared before the others so I think that one is the favorite:)  My son Kalani loves helping me in the kitchen.  We had a great time making the dough and putting these together.

 Pizza Dough
Ingredients: 
  • 2 1/2 cups flour (more if needed)
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried basil 
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, for spice)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup warm-hot water (not boiling)
  • 1/4 tsp sugar
  • 1 instant yeast packet (2 1/4 tsp)
Directions:
Place the warm-hot water in a small bowl, and stir in the sugar and yeast packet until fully dissolved. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, until yeast starts to form a head.  While, the yeast and water are reacting, mix the dry ingredients with a whisk: flour, kosher salt, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, as well as the olive oil.  Once fully mixed, and the head is formed in the yeast and water, place the dry mixture in the bowl of the stand mixer with the paddle attachment, turn on LOW and slowly pour in the water/yeast mixture. Mix until dough forms a ball. If needed, knead the dough with your hands and mix in extra flour if dough is too sticky or wet.  Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or lid and place in dark warm spot until dough is at least doubled in size.

When the dough is risen to desired size, roll out to desired size, place on pizza baking circle, and add desired toppings.  Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cheese is melted and slightly crispy.  Allow to cool slightly then cut into pizza slices.

Barbecue Bacon Chicken Pizza
Ingredients:
  • 1 recipe dough (above)
  • 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
  • 4-6 pieces cooked bacon, cut into small pieces
  • 1 1/2 cups favorite BBQ sauce (more or less if desired) (Save 1/2 cup to drizzle on top)
  • 2 cups cheese mixture of Mozzarella, Parmesan and Cheddar Cheese (more or less as desired)
  • Green onion, chopped (for topping)
  • Fresh Cilantro chopped (for topping)
  • 1/3 cup chopped red or yellow onion (optional)
Directions:
Cook the bacon as desired.  I baked the bacon in the oven at 400 degrees F until appeared crispy, let rest on paper towel to also drain, then after cooling, cut with scissors into smaller pieces.  Assemble on top of dough, pizza with BBQ sauce, chicken, bacon, onions (optional), cheese, green onion and cilantro on top, then drizzle extra BBQ sauce on top. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cheese is melted and slightly crispy.  Allow to cool slightly before slicing. 

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Ingredients:
  • 1 recipe dough (above)
  • 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
  • 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (look for “wing sauce” not “hot sauce”)
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese and/or mozzarella cheese
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Ranch dressing
Directions:
Mix chicken with wing sauce.  Spread over pizza dough.  Top with cheese and green onions.  Lightly drizzle ranch dressing on top.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cheese is melted and slightly crispy.  Allow to cool slightly before slicing.

Mozzarella Basil Pizza
Ingredients:
  • 1 recipe dough (above)
  • spaghetti or pizza sauce
  • mozzarella slices
  • Fresh basil, chopped
Directions:
Sorry I didn't measure out ingredients but you can just wing it and I think it will still taste good.  Spread pizza or spaghetti sauce over top of dough.  Evenly place mozzarella slices over sauce.  Top with fresh chopped basil.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cheese is melted and slightly crispy.  Allow to cool slightly before slicing.







Comments

Popular Posts