White Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili

I tried this at our church trunk or treat and needed to get the recipe.  My friend Jenny Hill shared it with me.  I made it after the trunk or treat and it tasted great.  It is on my favorites list now :).  I doubled this recipe for my family of 6 and it fed us all and lasted for another day.  

Ingredients: 

1 lb chicken, chopped into bite size pieces

1 medium onion-chopped

1/2 tsp garlic powder

2  cans great norther white beans 

1 can chicken broth or 2 cup water with boullion

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can corn 

1 small can green chilis 

1 cup water

1 tsp salt

1/2-3/4 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp pepper

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

1/2 cup whipping cream or 4 oz of cream cheese

1 cup sour cream

Directions: 

Combine all ingredients except for cream and sour cream.  Cook until chicken is done about 45 minutes.  Add cream and cook for another 20 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips and cheese on top and a side of corn bread.  

Comments

Popular Posts