Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars with Butterscotch Topping
I ran across this recipe here. But I had to add a little butterscotch on top. This recipe was pretty simple and the kids all loved it. I think adding the butterscotch on top added a great flavor.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips

2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions:
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add in the brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Add in the quick cooking oats and stir. Cook the oat mixture over medium low heat for 4 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwavable bowl. Then set aside.
Lightly grease an 8 by 8 inch baking pan. Press 3/4 of the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan. Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter over the oats.
Take the remaining oat mixture and crumble it over the chocolate/peanut butter. Melt butterscotch chips in microwave about 30 seconds or until melted and drizzle over top of bars. Refrigerate the bars for at least 3 hours. Then cut into squares and enjoy!


Those look delicious. I like your cute blog background, too. And the nice picture of your family at the top. You are so beautiful. I love your pretty hair!
ReplyDeleteAlicia, These are yummy, Our oven is broken right now so the "no bake" thing worked best for me:)
Delete