Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love my sweets.  So when I come across a "healthy" cookie recipe, I definitely want to try it.  So I found this recipe HERE.  The hubs didn't like them but anything that I tell him is healthy, he doesn't like.  I think they were a perfect sweetness and I have eaten them for breakfast and after dinner snack.  Sorry no photos, I'll try to get one before they are all gone.

Ingredients:

  • 2 and 1/3 cups quick oats* (not whole oats)
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup homemade or your favorite almond butter*
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
  • 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
  • 1/3 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup sliced or chopped almonds (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Using a large rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. The dough will be sticky and thick.
Each cookie will be 3 Tablespoons of dough.  Drop this amount onto prepared cookie sheet and slightly flatten the tops into desired thickness. The cookies will not spread in the oven.
Bake for 15 minutes until edges are very slightly brown. Don't bake any longer or the cookies will taste dry. Allow to cool on the cookie sheets completely. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 1 week. Cookies can be frozen up to 3 months.
*Be sure to use quick oats in this recipe.  Quick oats are more finely ground up whole oats, so they are slightly powdery.  You may make quick oats at home - simply measure 2 and 1/3 cups of whole oats and pulse in the blender or food processor about 5 times.
*You may use your favorite peanut butter (or soy nut butter, sunflower seed butter) instead of almond butter. For peanut butter: Homemade honey roasted, creamy, crunchy, natural (non-oily) or non-natural are all OK.


Comments

Popular Posts