Cheese Zombies

 Anyone remember having cheese zombies for lunch as a kid?  I do!  It was one of my favorite things to get for school lunch.  I've been looking a long time for a recipe to match the greatness of the one's we grew up with, but have not been too successful.  There was something about the cheese...who knows what it was really made of, anyway, I found a recipe that is perfect when I crave cheese zombies.  My sister Natalie's friend passed on this recipe and so now I'll pass it on to you.  It's so easy!  I've made it in the past at least twice and it has turned out so good.  The kids love it dipped in ketchup.  When I make this again, I'll take a picture of mine but the photo above is one from the Internet, they look like the one above but a little more fluffy with the dough. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Rhodes frozen loaves:  thaw 2-they come in 3 packs)
Shredded cheese:  Monterey Jack or cheddar or Velveeta (but I have only tried shredded cheeses)

Directions:
Let frozen bread thaw according to package.  Roll out onto greased cookie sheet, put shredded cheese on top-as much as you want.  Roll out second loaf and lay on top of cheese layer.  Meet the two layers together around the edges and pinch together.  Cover and let rise.  Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.  Brush melted butter on top and cut into squares.  Serve with soup and or salad.




Comments

  1. Oh my goodness!! I totally forgot about these! Now I have to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had something similar at school when I was growing up but they used mozzarella and pepperoni in between. Pepperoni dipsticks! My favorite school lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts