Chocolate Waffle Cookies


I got this recipe years ago from our friend Megan Goo.  These are a nice change up from the normal cookies I make.  Every Sunday, I can't help it but want to make cookies.  These cookies are soft when removed from the waffle maker, then get more firm when they cook.  They are yummy!


Sorry for the sideways photo but this is what I do with the dough and then just close waffle maker, so easy. 

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 1/2  cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
6 tbsp butter, melted
Evaporated milk, warmed as needed (I used cold regular fat free milk and it still turned out good)

Directions:
Soften butter, set aside.  Beat 4 eggs, slowly add sugar.  Add butter.  Then add flour, cocoa, salt (may be mixed separately before combining with butter mixture).  Add 1 tsp vanilla.  Heat waffle Iron.  Spray with Pam.  Drop by tsp-tbsp until light says its ready (or 75-90 seconds).  For frosting beat powdered sugar, cocoa, melted butter and milk until smooth and combined.  Let cookies cool and top with thin layer of frosting.   



Comments

Popular Posts