Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Yeah, that's right, brussel sprouts. I have never tried them before and never made them before of course but they always talk about them on the Food Network so I thought I'd try them. Plus, I wanted to try a new vegetable. This recipe is a good one to try if you want to try brussel sprouts and I did like them but they were a tiny bit bitter (but I hear that they normally are bitter). I tried them with soy sauce after they were cooked and it was good on them. They are crispy on outside and softer on inside. Brian, Mo, and Aron said they liked them also. I would make them again for sure. Here's the recipe if you want to venture out and try something new. I got a 2 lb bag of them from Costco and they were already trimmed and ready to eat.
Brussel Sprouts
1-2 lbs of brussel sprouts, halved (I got a 2 lb bag of them from Costco and they were already trimmed and ready to eat)
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
Put halved brussel sprouts in zip lock bag with olive oil, pepper, and salt. Shake bag to coat sprouts and empty onto a cookie pan. Cook at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes, stirring/mixing about every 10 minutes to prevent burning.

Comments
Post a Comment