Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies

 
 This recipe is one of my favorite bases for cookies.  I had something similar to this at KGH hospital the other day and I thought it would be fun to try at home.  The picture doesn't highlight the coconut or nuts but they are the surprise inside:)  I think they may have had raisins in them, but Aron likes cookies without the raisins.  They may be good to add too.  I didn't measure the coconut and macadamia nuts exactly but I'm pretty sure my measurements below are pretty close.  They turned out great.  I usually have a rule that I don't bake unless it's Sunday but it was a busy day off today and it was a great way to end the day before 2 long days at work. 

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2-3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and egg.  Beat well.  Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.  Mix well.  Stir in chocolate, coconut, and macadamia nuts.  Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake in a preheated oven for 10-11 minutes.  Remove cookies from oven, place cookies on cooling rack. 


Comments

  1. You better be bringing some to the reunion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug and Jama's crew are doing the desserts on Saturday. You should hint to them to make them:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts