Spinach Pasta Salad with Asian Sesame Dressing


Our England Family Reunion was just a couple weekends ago and it was very fun and nice to see all the family.  We of course had great food too.  I was able to try some new foods and there were 2 salads that were new to me that were very tasty (to add along with my aunt Janet's famous potato salad), they were from my aunt RaeAnne and my aunt Jama.  This recipe is from my aunt Jama, she  made this for the dinner we were in charge of.  She said she got it from her daughter in law Emi England, but originally from Nya Torgesen (whom I don't know).  I hope I got that straight.  Anyway, I had to get the recipe because the flavors of this salad are wonderful.  Very Asian.  I love the taste of sesame oil and this salad has it.  This salad is very simple to make and would go great at a potluck or Sunday dinner. 


Ingredients:
12-16 oz spiral or bow tie pasta, cooked and cooled
1 bag fresh spinach, chopped
1-2 green onions cut thinly on diagonal (I used dry chives because I didn't have fresh)
1-3 cooked and chopped chicken breasts with soy sauce/ginger/garlic (optional)
2 Tbsp sesame seeds-toasting optional

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
4 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic (minced)

Directions: Mix salad ingredients. Mix together dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.  Just before serving add dressing and toss together, cool in fridge before serving if needed.  




Comments

Popular Posts