Cafe Rio Pork with Cilantro Lime Dressing

I found this recipe years ago and although I have seen different recipes for the Cafe Rio Pork, I have not attempted them because this recipe is true to the taste of the restaurant and easy to do.  I am sad we don't have a restaurant around here.  I'd be there every day probably.  So if anyone is thinking of starting a franchise in Tri-Cities, WA.  I know you'd be very successful.  There are a lot of people around here from Utah or been to school in Utah so many know Cafe Rio and how super awesome it is!  


Ingredients and Directions:  
Cafe Rio Pork
1 3-4 lb pork roast
1 c salsa
1 c brown sugar

Put ingredients in a crock pot.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred with fork when done. 

Café Rio Cilantro Lime Dressing
1 pkg Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
3 tbsp salsa Verde (green salsa)
1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce
½ bunch cilantro and stems
2 medium cloves garlic
¾ c mayonnaise
¾ c sour cream
1 lime

Mix ingredients in blender.  Add grated lime peel and juice to taste (I like a lot).  Best when made ahead and chilled several hours.  Thin with buttermilk if needed. 

Serve with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, or salsa, sour cream, chips and tortillas.  Some people like to make a salad and others like it wrapped in a tortilla.  Yum!

Comments

  1. Absolutely - one of the best places to eat EVER! :) We've done the pork with coke and brown sugar, then cooked in the crockpot until it just falls apart - so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good and easy too. What portions do you use of each?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts