Peanut Butter and Cheddar Dog Biscuits (FOR DOGS)
Last year for Hoku's 1st bday we made special cupcakes for her but this year we decided to make some biscuits for her. She's been a great family dog (since she got out of the puppy phase about at 1 year). She turned 2 years old yesterday. She loves to swim in our pool, chase birds, go on walks, protect us, and eat anything with cheese. I found this recipe and it seemed fitting for Hoku. We made them Star shaped since Hoku means star in Hawaiian. She absolutely loves these! Will be making them again for her.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup yellow corn meal
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour because that's what I had on hand)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease pan thoroughly. In a large bowl combine corn meal, oats, and warm water. Mix well. Add the egg and peanut butter stirring until well combined. Add the flour 1 cup at a time until workable (I used 2 cups) and then add cheddar cheese. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut out desired shape. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Turn off the oven and leave biscuits in there until the oven cools. This dehydrates them for better storage. The smaller the biscuits, the less time it will need to bake.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup yellow corn meal
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour because that's what I had on hand)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease pan thoroughly. In a large bowl combine corn meal, oats, and warm water. Mix well. Add the egg and peanut butter stirring until well combined. Add the flour 1 cup at a time until workable (I used 2 cups) and then add cheddar cheese. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut out desired shape. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Turn off the oven and leave biscuits in there until the oven cools. This dehydrates them for better storage. The smaller the biscuits, the less time it will need to bake.




Comments
Post a Comment