Almost Wendy's Chili
I really like Wendy's Chili and I came across this recipe a few years ago. It's not exactly like Wendy's but it comes pretty close. I've used this recipe a few times already and I love it. I made it tonight but forgot to take a photo. I will post the recipe here and when I make it again, I will take a photo.
Ingredients:
1 pound ground chuck (I used ground beef)
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (liquid included)
1 15 oz can of red kidney beans (liquid drained)
1 15 oz can of pinto beans (liquid drained) (I used small white beans)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1 4 oz can diced green chilies (with liquid)
2 tbsp chopped celery
2 tbsp chili powder (1 if you want less spicy)
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt (I didn't use and it was still good)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup water
Directions:
Brown the ground beef over medium heat, breaking into small pieces. Add a dash of salt and pepper while cooking. Empty the cooked meat into a spaghetti strainer, and rinse well under very hot water. This removes the bulk of the fat. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir together to combine thoroughly. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Reduce to low and continue simmering 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice or with cornbread.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chuck (I used ground beef)
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (liquid included)
1 15 oz can of red kidney beans (liquid drained)
1 15 oz can of pinto beans (liquid drained) (I used small white beans)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1 4 oz can diced green chilies (with liquid)
2 tbsp chopped celery
2 tbsp chili powder (1 if you want less spicy)
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt (I didn't use and it was still good)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup water
Directions:
Brown the ground beef over medium heat, breaking into small pieces. Add a dash of salt and pepper while cooking. Empty the cooked meat into a spaghetti strainer, and rinse well under very hot water. This removes the bulk of the fat. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir together to combine thoroughly. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Reduce to low and continue simmering 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice or with cornbread.


Comments
Post a Comment