Roasted Sweet Potatoes

When we went to New Zealand we were able to have a lot of roasted vegetables.  Of course I'm always trying to eat healthier in some way or another, so I wanted to cook some sweet potatoes.  I found this recipe online and I will be making this again.  My boys loved these too and my oldest is really picky about vegetables and he said they were very good.  They are softer in texture.

Ingredients

2-3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons good olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Directions


    Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
    Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 4 long spears. Place them on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil. Spread the potatoes in one layer. Combine the brown sugar, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on the potatoes.
    Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot.
    Courtesy of "Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics"






    Comments

    Popular Posts