Carne Asada Marinade


We had some thinly cut steak that we wanted to try something different than a teriyaki recipe like we always do.   I ran across this recipe on Allrecipes.com but I made a few changes and it turned out great.  I served it on flour tortillas but you can always use corn too.  You can be really authentic and do an onion relish and serve with cotija cheese but I didn't have any of those items.  I'll include the recipe for the onion relish but I didn't try it yet.  I'll post a photo when I get a chance.

Ingredients:
3 lbs flank steak, flap steak, or other thinly sliced steak
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 limes, (with lime zest and juiced)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika

Directions:
Lay the steak in a large square or rectangular container.  In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, juice of two limes (add the zest too if you like more lime flavor), and olive oil.  Add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and paprika.  Whisk until well blended, then pour over steak to marinate.  Turn steak over once to coat both sides.  Marinate for 1 to 8 hrs. After meat rests, barbecue steak on grill then slice or cube.  Serve in corn or flour tortillas with cotija cheese, fresh salsa, and onion relish if desired.  

Onion Relish
1 white onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, juiced

Mix together and serve on top of tacos.
 



Comments

Popular Posts