Peanut Butter Bars


One of my coworkers, Tammy made these yummy bars for a fundraiser bake sale.  I had to get the recipe.  I was in charge of dessert for this weekend so I thought I would try out this recipe myself.  This recipe is a keeper!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Mix butter, sugars, and PB.  Add egg and vanilla.  Combine dry ingredients and add slowly to creamed mixture.  Spread into greased 9X13 pan.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.  Let cool and drizzle icing on top as below.

Icing:  
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter

Mix together in a baggie by massaging ingredients.  Cut corner tip of baggie and drizzle on cooled bars.


Comments

Popular Posts