Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Burgers


 I was planning on making bulgolgi (Korean beef) for dinner tonight but ran across this recipe here and I am so glad I changed my mind.  This recipe turned out so good and it was so flavorful.  If you don't like blue cheese, you can always leave it out but if you are making a meal for others and they might like blue cheese, I would totally make it.  Combined, the flavors were really good together.  I think I used 8 chicken breasts and sliced each thin into 2 pieces.  I didn't need to double the sauce.  But I did double the blue cheese part, you can do the same is desired.  Aron was suppose to pick up the sesame buns at Costco but got these ones instead, they were still good though but I'd prefer the sesame or a whole wheat bin would've been good.  The chicken alone would also be good with rice.  My dad even requested the recipe. So here it is:)


Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups Louisiana-style hot sauce (or 12 oz bottle)-I used Franks original (another coupon freebie)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
4-8 boneless skinless chicken breast (would make 8-16 chicken burgers)

1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced chives
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Hamburger buns
1 pkg of cooked bacon with each stip cut in half
Slices of cheese 
Lettuce leaves
Slices of tomato
Slices red onion (optional)
Directions:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first five ingredients to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside 1/2 cup for basting.

Flatten/pound chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.

In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Spread over roll bottoms; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato
and onion.


Comments

  1. Do you think that it will work with other types of cheese? Not a huge blue cheese fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara--these are super good:)
    Beckie--I was thinking feta but realized I put ranch on the kids burgers that didn't want blue cheese. I love dipping my "hot wings" into ranch so that would be totally good with it too, in place of the blue cheese dressing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts