New to couponing


I got started couponing April 1st.  At first I felt I had to get every deal but that was so time consuming and a waste of time for me on my days off.  So now, I either shop at Albertsons, Walmart, or Target for my deals.  This week I was able to get a bunch of free stuff because of the twice the value coupons at Albertsons but the photo above is not free, the hot dogs could've been free but I didn't want to wait until Sunday or Monday and I want to just enjoy the weekend with family off from work.  And besides, Albertson's runs out of things so quickly and it seems some extreme couponers wipe out the shelves which I do not appreciate at all.  So I wanted to give you my deal breakdown this week so you can also take an advantage of the deals this week if available in your area.  We don't eat hot dogs too often but with summer coming up they are great for barbeque's and great for freezing for later. 

Albertson's has flavored Coke products: A&W, Sunkist, and 7 up for 4 for $10 (when you buy $25 of groceries before any coupons):  I used 2 coupons from the Albertsons summer savings book found in stores now that have $2 off 2 flavored Coke products which brings the price down to 4 for $6 or $1.50 per 12 pack!

Bar S hot dogs are on sale right now for $0.88 (limit 4/customer).  You can get a coupon online HERE now for $0.50 off (you can print 2 by pushing the back buttons twice).  So that makes them each $0.38 each. 

Oscar Mayer hot dogs are $0.99 when you buy a combination of 10 items in this weeks weekly ad.  You can go to the Oscar Mayer facebook page HERE and "like" the page and print out a $0.75 coupon off 1 package of hot dogs (you can print twice), making them $0.25 each when you buy 10.  But with this deal you would have to bug your family or friends to let you print off their coupons from their accounts.  I had 6 facebook coupons and 1 coupon from a weekly add from the newspaper that was $1 off 2 (making them $0.50 each).  I bought 2 Pillsbury brownies (part of the buy 10 deal) for $0.49 cents each to make 10 products. 

So the total was $9.75 after tax (over $71 before coupons and store deals).  Have fun shopping!

Comments

Popular Posts