Mini Meatloaves

  
 I just bought a bulk of ground beef from Zaycon Foods and thought about making meatloaf.  I have never made meatloaf before but thought the mini meatloaves sounded a little better (they are more like meatballs).  I thought the kids would enjoy them also.  I served it with rice and a salad and it was very good.  (Update: let meatloaves sit and cool slightly and this will harden them and keep their form).
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk (optional if you feel mixture is not moist enough)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 tsp salt
2 lbs ground beef
1 cup ketchup (1/2 reserved)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk (start with 1/4 cup), cheese, mustard, oats, pepper, worcestershire, brown sugar, and salt.  Add the ground beef, mixing well.  Then add about 1/2 cup ketchup, stir and make sure mixture is not too moist.  Save about 1/2 cup for the top.  Form meat into balls (I used a ice cream scooper) and place into lightly greased muffin tin, make indentation with fingers in center of meat mixture.  Put about 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of the reserved ketchup on top of each meatloaf.  Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  This makes 24 mini muffin meatloaves.  Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts