Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn


 When searching for ideas for my Young Women's lesson, I ran across the idea below, Here  I actually just bought my first popcorn popper ever a few days ago.  I figured after being married for almost 10 years, and four kids later, I thought I should get one.  I decided I'd make my own type of popcorn.  Anything with chocolate is good but adding a little peanut butter makes it even better.  I believe it's actually pretty close to the peanut butter rice krispie treats recipe I have posted before but with popcorn.  My family loved this recipe and so did the Young Women.  Our lesson was on service.   It makes a big batch so you can half it if you want too.




Ingredients: 

  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup  peanut butter
  • teaspoons vanilla
  • 16 cups popped popcorn
  • 8 oz chocolate chips

  • Directions: 
    In a small pan, melt together corn syrup and sugar and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla and stir well. Pour mixture of popcorn and stir.  Lay out popcorn onto baking sheet.  Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in saucepan and drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.  Put in fridge to cool and until chocolate has hardened.  Break up and divide into containers or serve in decorative bowl.  



    Comments

    Popular Posts