Peach Cheesecake



Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts.  I just made some homemade Canned Peach Jam and wanted to make something with it and ran across this recipe.  I made some changes to the recipe so here it is.  Remember to soften the cream cheese, I didn't do this so it made cheesecake a little lumpy but still tasted really good.  Next time I will use 1/2 cup less jam on top of the cheesecake and only 1/4 cup sugar for crust, that I noted it below.  Also if you want to make a smaller cheesecake, use an 8 inch springform pan, and half the recipe, cook only 35-40 minutes if you do half the recipe.


Ingredients:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar (1/4 sugar if you want to lower sugar content)
4 tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
4 eggs
24 ounces cream cheese, softened (3-8 oz pkgs)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups peach jam (1 1/2 cup reserved)(or 1 cup for less sweet)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, combine graham crackers, sugar, and butter. Mix well and place in the bottom and sides of a 10 inch springform cake pan.  Make sure to press against the sides and bottom of the pan. Set crust aside.  Prepare the filling by beating the eggs and cream cheese together.  Add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until well blended.  Add 1 cup peach jam and mix until incorporated.  Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake for 50 minutes, check to see doneness (not too jiggly), then cook another 10 minutes if still jiggly.  Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.  Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup peach jam.  Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate over night.




Comments

Popular Posts