Blender Lime Salsa
Although I use canned tomatoes, this salsa tastes very fresh. It is so much better than the jarred salsa you get at the store. I started making this with my mother-in-law Nanette and I've been making it ever since. Aron doesn't like chunky salsa too much so this is perfect for him because it is more blended. I don't usually measure precisely but this time I tried to measure to help with the recipe. You can add cabbage for something different too. Sorry this is not a fancy photo, but I didn't have time to do a nice one.
Ingredients:
2-15 oz cans chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup onions (I just put a small chunk of onion into blender and it blends well)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 hot pepper (type can vary-could use jalapeno, but I use 1 small red Hawaiian pepper from Hawaii that we froze and just throw it all in, taking stem off first)
1/3-1/2 bunch cilantro
Zest of 1 lime and the juice of the same lime
Salt or garlic salt to taste (start with 1 tsp)
Directions:
Put in onion, garlic, and pepper into blender and blend well. Add lime zest and juice and cilantro, then blend. Add juice of tomatoes and blend again. Add the 2 cans of tomatoes and pulse the blender so that the tomatoes get blended slightly and all mixes well. Add salt or garlic salt to taste and pulse again. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.

Ingredients:
2-15 oz cans chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup onions (I just put a small chunk of onion into blender and it blends well)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 hot pepper (type can vary-could use jalapeno, but I use 1 small red Hawaiian pepper from Hawaii that we froze and just throw it all in, taking stem off first)
1/3-1/2 bunch cilantro
Zest of 1 lime and the juice of the same lime
Salt or garlic salt to taste (start with 1 tsp)
Directions:
Put in onion, garlic, and pepper into blender and blend well. Add lime zest and juice and cilantro, then blend. Add juice of tomatoes and blend again. Add the 2 cans of tomatoes and pulse the blender so that the tomatoes get blended slightly and all mixes well. Add salt or garlic salt to taste and pulse again. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.

Comments
Post a Comment