Southwestern Stuffed Peppers

I was on Pinterest and ran across a recipe for stuffed bell peppers.  I thought I "pinned" it last night but it wasn't on my board today.  I searched again but couldn't find it so I decided to just make my own stuffed bell peppers.  The meat mixture tastes great.  It would be great on a bed of lettuce too.  


 Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
3 tbsp onion, chopped
6 bell peppers
1 can of corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 cup white rice, cooked
1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp taco seasoning
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 can tomato soup
1 tsp lime juice
Shredded cheese for top
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Pam on 9X13 pan.  Brown beef with onion in saute pan.  While this is cooking, cut pepper around stem and remove seeds, core, and membranes and set into pan.  Add chili powder, taco seasoning, tomato soup, beans, corn, rice, and lime juice.  Stir well until lightly bubbling.  Add cilantro and stir.  Scoop out mixture with a small soup ladle and stuff into peppers, packing down as needed.    Bake uncovered in oven for 25 minutes.  Top peppers with shredded cheese and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melting and slightly bubbling on top.  Serve with chips and Blender Lime Salsa.


Comments

Popular Posts