No Bake Oaties
This was a family favorite in our household growing up. My mom used to like to make a special treat for Sunday. I have carried on that tradition and now I like to make a special desert on Sunday and try to avoid making it on other days of the week.
1/2 cup milk (evaporated preferred but I used regular milk)
2 cups white sugar
1 cube margarine or butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 cups quick oats
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Combine milk, sugar, margarine/butter, and cocoa in a heavy saucepan and stir well. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Then add vanilla and oats. If it seems too moist, you can add a little more oats or shredded coconut to thicken. Quickly drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let set and become firm before removing from wax paper. Would you like to try one...

Comments
Post a Comment