Mexican Rice
I was waiting to get my aunt Eyma's Mexican rice that everyone tells me they love, but I didn't get it in time to make for dinner tonight. But I do I have it in my possession now so I will have to make it next time. I will post the recipe I found at Allrecipes.com until I make my aunt Eyma's. This one was great too and really close to Eyma's but they added a few extra seasonings. I'll post a photo soon.
Ingredients:
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
Directions:
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice, Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin. Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Ingredients:
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
Directions:
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice, Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin. Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

Yum! I can't wait to try your aunt's!!
ReplyDelete