Chicken Thai Noodles

(Please excuse my photos.  I am in no way a photographer.  I need to take a class on taking "food photos.")

I found this recipe on picky-palate.com. It sounded really good so I thought I would try.  It is so good!  Some may not like this type of dish but if you like Thai type flavors this is great.  Definitely a keeper for my book of recipes.  I changed a few things and I'll write in my changes.


(To the right: this is the chicken and veggies before I added them to the noodles)

Ingredients:
1 lb whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles (I used regular thin spaghetti noodles because I didn't have wheat ones on hand)
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled (I used 1 tsp dry ground ginger)
½ Cup peanut butter
¼ Cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 Cup hot water
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ Cup finely chopped onion
½ Cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
1 Cup cooked, shredded chicken breast (I used precooked chicken from Costco that were cut into strips)
1/2  Cup chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste (I didn't add, just added a little extra soy sauce)
¼ Cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)


Directions: 
1. Cook noodles according to package. Drain, rinse with cold water, place in large pasta bowl and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.
2. Place garlic and ginger in food processor until well chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Pulse until well combined and slowly add hot water. Set aside.
3. Place olive oil in hot skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until softened. Stir in chicken breast, cilantro and salt (or a little more soy sauce). Stir until heated through.
4. Add sauce and chicken mixture to noodles. Toss to coat and garnish with peanuts and sesame seeds if desired.  Makes 6 servings

Comments

Popular Posts