Toffee
Toffee
1 lb sweet cream salted butter
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups roasted almonds (optional)
Hershey kisses
Combine butter and sugar on medium-high heat in large (deep and thick bottom) frying pan. Stir vigorously-nonstop until mixtures thick and turns brown (too light brown will be soft toffee, and too dark brown will be hard toffee) you have to experiment with it. Pour onto greased cookie sheet and immediately drop almonds onto it. Place several Hershey kisses on top and they will melt then spread them over it. Cool and serve. (This recipe was given to my mom from the Packards in Selah)
I didn't have almonds so I put a few peanuts on one batch (below).
1 lb sweet cream salted butter
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups roasted almonds (optional)
Hershey kisses
Combine butter and sugar on medium-high heat in large (deep and thick bottom) frying pan. Stir vigorously-nonstop until mixtures thick and turns brown (too light brown will be soft toffee, and too dark brown will be hard toffee) you have to experiment with it. Pour onto greased cookie sheet and immediately drop almonds onto it. Place several Hershey kisses on top and they will melt then spread them over it. Cool and serve. (This recipe was given to my mom from the Packards in Selah)
Below is the color it should NOT be. It was my first batch and I didn't cook it long enough. I was scared it was going to burn. It was too soft. And the kisses didn't melt right and they wouldn't smooth over the top properly.
Below is the color it SHOULD be. The kisses spread a lot better too. I didn't have almonds so I put a few peanuts on one batch (below).

Comments
Post a Comment