Broccoli-Egg Salad



I bought a big bag of broccoli from Costco and needed to find some recipes to use with it.  I came across this at all recipes but I changed some things to make it my own.  My grandma Helen's broccoli salad is awesome but I thought I would try something a little different.  I was happily surprised that this salad turned out so good.  Definitely not for the "low fat" eaters but it's full of protein and good veggies.  The eggs add something a little different to the salad that I like.  You can also half the dressing if you like less.


Ingredients
  • Broccoli florets (may add cauliflower florets also)-enough to fill a medium size bowl
  • 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup pre-cooked bacon crumbles or 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Directions

  1. Cook bacon if needed, let cool, crumble.
  2. In a medium sized salad bowl, fill bowl with broccoli.  Add eggs, cheese and bacon.
  3. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour dressing over top, stir, and let cool in fridge, then serve. I think it tastes better if you let the dressing soak into broccoli.



Comments

Popular Posts