Princess Barbie Cake

 So this is something out of my comfort zone but I thought I would give it a try.  It was a lot harder for me than it looks but may be super easy for others.  Mine doesn't look that great either but my beautiful daughter (above) loved it for her third birthday.  A friend sent me to allrecipes.com for the recipe and I went for it.  The recipe and directions are below.  However, I ended up using 2 cake mixes because it wasn't tall enough for my barbie.  The trick is finding the right type of pan to cook the cake in to make it tall enough for the barbie.  Another friend told me she took off the legs before inserting Barbie into cake.  Aron also helped me decorate it when I got frustrated with it.
Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package cake mix (I used chocolate)
  • 2 (16 ounce) packages vanilla frosting
  • 1 drop red food coloring
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart ovenproof Pyrex glass mixing bowl with shortening and dust with flour.
  2. Prepare cake as directed on box. Pour batter into prepared bowl.
  3. Bake 50-60 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
  4. Invert on cake plate with widest part of cake on the bottom. Cool 3 hours before decorating.
  5. Insert a clean doll into center of cake. Decorate the skirt with icing tinted any color or use more than one color. Use a decorator tip to make the skirt as fancy as you like and decorate the top of the doll for the top of the dress also.




Comments

  1. That is so nice that you made that for her as a special memory. You know, when my best friend and I were 5 years old, her mom had a cake like that for her and I have ALWAYS remembered that cake. There's something about Barbie to a little girl. That is awesome, Peggy! Way to go!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually made it in November and I'm glad she has the memory but store bought is way easier:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts