Take-Out Chicken



This is a new recipe for me that I found again through food.com, here.    It was called Bourbon chicken.  To be honest, I wasn't sure what "Bourbon" meant.  I had to Google it.  So there is no Bourbon in this recipe so I thought I would change the title and I made a few changes.  This chicken was very good.  It had a taste more like General Tso's chicken without the frying.  Definitely worth the try and easy too.  

INGREDIENTS:
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
Cornstarch (optional)

 

Directions:

  1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
  2. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
  3. Remove chicken.
  4. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
  5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
  6. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
  7. To thicken:  Mix desired amount of cornstarch with cold water, stir well, pour into sauce.
  8. Serve over hot rice.



Comments

Popular Posts