Creamy Taco Soup



I had some Velveeta left over so I made this soup.  Its good for something different and its nice and creamy compared to traditional taco soup. It's more chunky than the photos show. I would definitely make this again.


Creamy Taco Soup
1 pound ground beef
1 pound processed cheese food (like Velveeta)
1 onion, chopped
1 mason jar of canned tomatoes (or 2 regular size cans of chopped tomatoes) with liquid
1 (15 oz) can corn with liquid
2 (15 oz) cans beans (any types--I used white beans and kidney beans), with liquid
1 dry packet of enchilada or taco seasoning (I used enchilada this time)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup water
Cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips, lime for topping (optional-but good, cilantro is  a must if you like it)

Directions:
1. Saute chopped onions until soft, then add ground beef until brown, drain off fat.
2.  Add tomatoes, corn, and beans with liquid.  Add chili powder, garlic powder, water, and taco/enchilada seasoning, stir.  Add cubed Velveeta.  Simmer on low until cheese is melted.  Garnish with sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime (I didn't have lime, but it would have been yummy with it).

Suggestion:  I made rice also for Aron because he can't eat soup without rice (he's a local boy).




Comments

Popular Posts