Spinach and Swiss Salad

 This is another recipe from my college years.  My roomie Natalie (Jones) Page made this wonderful salad for my bridal shower back in the days and I've been making it ever since.  It became one of my mom's favorites too.  I sometimes pour dressing over the top (and half the dressing) or I mix it up in a jar and serve it on the side.  Mushrooms aren't pictured because I forgot them but they are good with it.  Also, I used monterey jack cheese instead of swiss because that is what I had on hand.  I use more a head of romaine instead of iceberg lettuce nowadays. 



Spinach and Swiss Salad

1 medium head iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce
1-10 oz bag fresh spinach, torn
½ red onion chopped
¼ c sliced mushrooms
¾ cup grated Swiss cheese
½ lb bacon, cooked, and crumbled (I use real pre-made bacon crumbles) 
Optional:  1 cup cottage cheese/drained
                  Dried cranberries

Dressing: 
½ c sugar
1 t. dry mustard
1/3 c apple cider vinegar
1 c veg. oil
½ tbsp poppy seeds



Comments

Popular Posts