Festive Jello
I saw this recipe on Our Best Bites and I wanted to make it for the kids to enjoy. They were so excited to see the end product. And my son kept saying it smelled like Skittles. I put a few changes I made into the recipe below. I would make this again. They looked very pretty and tasted good (although I'm not a huge jello fan). It was definitely a hit with the kids.
Festive Jello
(Recipe from Our Best Bites)
4 3-oz. packages assorted Jello (in coordinating colors)
2 packets unflavored gelatin
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
Spray 4 small SQUARE food storage containers (like Tupperware/Gladware/Rubbermaid) with non-stick cooking spray. (DON'T FORGET TO SPRAY--I forgot this part and it stuck to the bottom). Set aside.
Bring 5+ cups of water to a boil. Combine 1 c. boiling water with 1 package of Jello, stirring until dissolved. Place the dissolved Jello in one of the prepared containers. Repeat with the remaining packages of Jello. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferable overnight.
When the Jello has set, bring another 1 1/2 c. of water to a boil. While the water is heating, sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over 1/2 c. of cold water. Allow to stand for about 4 minutes. When the water is boiling, pour 1 1/2 c. boiling water over the dissolved gelatin and stir to combine. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Allow to come to room temperature.
Lightly spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Carefully cut the colored Jello into cubes and gently toss to combine in the 9x13" pan. Pour the cooled milk mixture over the colored Jello and, if necessary, rearrange some of the colored Jello to make sure it is evenly distributed and not sticking out of the white mixture too far.
Place the 9x13" pan in the refrigerator and chill overnight (I kept it in for 5 1/2 hrs and it set well but would've been fine with more time in fridge too). Cut into squares, rectangles, or various shapes with cookie cutters and serve.
Festive Jello
(Recipe from Our Best Bites)
4 3-oz. packages assorted Jello (in coordinating colors)
2 packets unflavored gelatin
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
Spray 4 small SQUARE food storage containers (like Tupperware/Gladware/Rubbermaid) with non-stick cooking spray. (DON'T FORGET TO SPRAY--I forgot this part and it stuck to the bottom). Set aside.
Bring 5+ cups of water to a boil. Combine 1 c. boiling water with 1 package of Jello, stirring until dissolved. Place the dissolved Jello in one of the prepared containers. Repeat with the remaining packages of Jello. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferable overnight.
When the Jello has set, bring another 1 1/2 c. of water to a boil. While the water is heating, sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over 1/2 c. of cold water. Allow to stand for about 4 minutes. When the water is boiling, pour 1 1/2 c. boiling water over the dissolved gelatin and stir to combine. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Allow to come to room temperature.
Lightly spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Carefully cut the colored Jello into cubes and gently toss to combine in the 9x13" pan. Pour the cooled milk mixture over the colored Jello and, if necessary, rearrange some of the colored Jello to make sure it is evenly distributed and not sticking out of the white mixture too far.
Place the 9x13" pan in the refrigerator and chill overnight (I kept it in for 5 1/2 hrs and it set well but would've been fine with more time in fridge too). Cut into squares, rectangles, or various shapes with cookie cutters and serve.

I saw this too and loved the look of it. I'll have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteWow girl...you have been BUSY! Lots and lots of posts! I made this during July with red and blue jello. It was really good. I need to make it again some time! Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteThat is the prettiest Jell-O I have ever seen!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am making a habit of taking pictures of the recipes I make. If the food is not that great I don't post it. I like when the food looks pretty!:)
ReplyDeleteI love this! I'm excited to make it. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's fun, you'll have to show pictures of your final product!
ReplyDelete