Candy Apothecary Jars
I got this idea from my friend Ashley but she got the idea from online. I saw that another ward in our church was doing something like this, so I thought I'd give it a try. I probably could have spent less but Michaels was out of wooden candle sticks. Another great idea would be to buy some wooden candle holders at a yard sale or second hand store and spray paint them black. The jars and candle sticks were 50% off at Hobby Lobby so I didn't want to run around all day trying to find candle sticks. So I bought sturdy, already painted black candle sticks. The total for all was $30 but you could get cheaper if you found some inexpensive candle sticks. I think I paid about $7 for each of the candle sticks, so that was the majority of the cost.
Supplies:
3 wooden nobs with flat bottoms, spray painted black
3 containers any size, lids painted black (I used 2 bigger and 1 smaller)
3 candle sticks, spray painted black or already black
Super glue
Directions:
Clean out glass jars with hot soapy water and let dry completely or hand dry. Spray pain nobs, lids, and candlesticks black. Let dry. Super glue bottom of jars to top of the candle sticks, let dry. Super glue nobs to top of lids. And that is it! I placed a small glass jar inside the jar before filling with candy to make it look "fuller" without having to add tons of candy. You can also add decorative ribbon, depending on the season. I was going to do Halloween inspired but it's only a few days away so I will wait now and maybe decorate them for Christmas.

Comments
Post a Comment