Fresh Pickles
This recipe is from our friend Casey Moriyama's mother, Carolyn. She had made them for one of our get togethers in Utah one year and I thought they tasted really good. Especially with fresh cucumbers from the garden. Kalani loves them. I took a photo recently of the first phase of the recipe. I will have to get the after photo. This time I also added daikon ("white", "Asian", "Japanese", "Korean" radish) sliced into small sliced strips, tasted great.
In a bowl, place the following:
3 cucumbers-peeled and sliced
1 green pepper-seeded and sliced (optional)
1 onion-peeled, and sliced into rings (optional)
Sprinkle with 1 tbsp salt and 2 tsp celery seed, stir, let sit for 1 hour.
Drain off liquid. In a quart jar fill with the following:
1/2 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
Shake to dissolve.
Stuff veggies into the bottle. Keep in the fridge upside down until dinner.

In a bowl, place the following:
3 cucumbers-peeled and sliced
1 green pepper-seeded and sliced (optional)
1 onion-peeled, and sliced into rings (optional)
Sprinkle with 1 tbsp salt and 2 tsp celery seed, stir, let sit for 1 hour.
Drain off liquid. In a quart jar fill with the following:
1/2 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
Shake to dissolve.
Stuff veggies into the bottle. Keep in the fridge upside down until dinner.


Comments
Post a Comment