Coconut Mochi
Have you tried mochi? It's a Japanese rice cake. At Costco they have mochi ice cream with mochi on the outside and ice cream on the inside. This cake is made with coconut and rice flour so if someone is looking for a yummy gluten free dessert this is good. I'm not worried about the gluten free and this is still awesome. This recipe is from my mother-in law Nanette Steward. It's so easy to make. Last month we were invited to a home for a Hawaiian blessing of their new home. I brought these and they were gone before Aron even made it through the line. I saw all these guys sneaking to eat them before the food. This time I made some for Kiana's first birthday. I cook the cake, let it cool, and then cut them into small squares and serve on a decorative plate.
Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking soda
1 box mochi flour (ie Mochiko) (1 lb)
1 block butter
5 eggs
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can coconut milk
1 pkg coconut flakes (14 oz or 3/4 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Mix all ingredients. Pour into 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes. I would start with 45 minutes and check on it after that. I cooked these about 55 minutes and it was a little too long. Enjoy!

Comments
Post a Comment