Crock Pot Asian Pork with Mushrooms
I found this recipe on Skinnytaste.com. I got great reviews on it, so I'm gonna share it and add it to my "will make again" list. I didn't get a chance to take photos, so the photo below is from skinnytaste.com. When I make it again, I will take my own photo. I served it over rice, instead of noodles. I served it with Thai Sesame Noodles and Roasted Brussel Sprouts also. I'm including the way the I did it too.

Ingredients:
4 lb lean boneless pork sirloin roast
Ground pepper
Non-stick oil spray (ie Pam)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp hot sesame oil (or use sesame oil + pinch red pepper flakes)
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice (the only place I found it was Yokes)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger root
8 oz of sliced mushrooms
For topping:
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions:
Trim fat off of pork. Season pork on all sides with fresh cracked pepper. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, spray nonstick spray and brown the pork on all sides for about 7-8 minutes. In the crock pot, combine the broth, soy sauce, balsamic, sugar, sesame oil, Chinese five spice, garlic and ginger; add the pork and set the slow cooker low for 8 hrs (I cooked it on high for 5 1/2 hrs). Note: if you want to prepare the night before, brown meat, add ingredients to crock pot, and keep in fridge until ready to start the next day. When pork is tender and easily is broken apart with fork, remove from crock pot and let sit. Add mushrooms and cook in crock pot for 30 minutes. In the mean time, shred pork with a fork. When mushrooms cooked, add pork back into crock pot. Serve over rice or noodles.
Servings: 7 • Size: about 3 oz pork + mushrooms • WW Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 224.1 • Fat: 8.5 g • Protein: 25 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 0.4 g • Sugar: 7.3
Sodium: less than 854 mg, since you don't use all the liquid


Ingredients:
4 lb lean boneless pork sirloin roast
Ground pepper
Non-stick oil spray (ie Pam)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp hot sesame oil (or use sesame oil + pinch red pepper flakes)
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice (the only place I found it was Yokes)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger root
8 oz of sliced mushrooms
For topping:
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions:
Trim fat off of pork. Season pork on all sides with fresh cracked pepper. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, spray nonstick spray and brown the pork on all sides for about 7-8 minutes. In the crock pot, combine the broth, soy sauce, balsamic, sugar, sesame oil, Chinese five spice, garlic and ginger; add the pork and set the slow cooker low for 8 hrs (I cooked it on high for 5 1/2 hrs). Note: if you want to prepare the night before, brown meat, add ingredients to crock pot, and keep in fridge until ready to start the next day. When pork is tender and easily is broken apart with fork, remove from crock pot and let sit. Add mushrooms and cook in crock pot for 30 minutes. In the mean time, shred pork with a fork. When mushrooms cooked, add pork back into crock pot. Serve over rice or noodles.
Servings: 7 • Size: about 3 oz pork + mushrooms • WW Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 224.1 • Fat: 8.5 g • Protein: 25 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 0.4 g • Sugar: 7.3
Sodium: less than 854 mg, since you don't use all the liquid

Comments
Post a Comment