Magnetic Chore Chart

Magnetic Chore Chart
I was looking all over for a chore chart that I liked and I ran across the idea of a magnetic chore chart on lilluna.com.  Ours looks different, but same idea.  She had recommended using chip board but the people at Lowe's lead me to particle board.  I don't know the different types of wood and I didn't realize particle board shreds so much.  The worker at Lowe's cut my wood for me for free, very nice to not worry about it at home.  Anyway, if I ever do this again I'll use a higher quality wood.  I modge podged the scrapbook paper to the wood and sand papered it.  I had Aron hammer on tacks to the corners of the sheet metal.  And I used vinyl lettering for the names and words.  I looked all over town for sheet metal at Joann's, Michael's, Craft warehouse (had some but not the right size), Lowe's (not right size), and finally at Home Depot they had 2 smaller sheets that would fit and they were in the roofing department for 88 cents a piece (2 per board).
My kids have been keep on asking me when I was going to finish these but with work, a new baby, house responsibilities, etc. it became time consuming but I enjoy the end products.  I even made one for our baby for when she gets older.  The kids love them and are excited to start their chores.  I'll get some ribbon to hang them to the wall.


Comments

  1. I may have to do these. I love them. Where did you find the magnets? or did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got the magnets at Michaels for $2.50 for a big roll, I just cut the magnets to size. They have them at Walmart too. They are sticky on the back already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shared this on my blog! Great idea!

    http://papercutzmidland.blogspot.com/2012/07/chore-charts.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts