Chicken Enchiladas
Everyone makes enchiladas different and I change things around each time I make them. This just happens to be the way I made it the other night and it turned out very good. The kids enjoyed them too and they can be pretty picky. This was simple to make also and I had all the ingredients on hand. It's a more creamy filled enchilada. You can make them without cream of chicken soup if you like them more dry in the middle. If I were to make them again I would probably use corn tortillas and half a can of cream of chicken soup. But this is how I made it below.

Chicken Enchiladas
1 can of cream of chicken soup
4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1 cup sour cream
1/4 -1/2 cup salsa
2 cups of shredded cheese (type is your choice--I used monterey jack) (divided)
1 20 oz can red enchilada sauce
Approx 10 tortillas (I used flour but corn would be very good too)
Combine cooked shredded chicken with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and salsa. Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese. In 9 X 13 pan put a spoonful of enchilada sauce to bottom of pan to prevent tortillas from sticking to bottom of pan. Fill tortillas each with a few spoonfuls of chicken mixture, roll up and lay in pan. Repeat until you fill up pan with enchiladas. Pour enchilada sauce on top and add 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top. Cover with foil. Cook at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly on top.

Sounds so yummy right now!
ReplyDeleteThose look yummy!! I may have to make those this week :)
ReplyDeleteThose look delicious. I have a good recipe for those too that is really creamy and garlicky. Enchiladas are a great dinner!
ReplyDelete