Balsamic Soy-Glazed Chicken





I'm always looking for more chicken recipes.  This one I found on food.com and it is very easy and inexpensive.  My pack of 12 drumsticks was less than $3.  The original was called Japanese Mums Chicken.  But I changed the name and included the way I made it.  The chicken does have a Japanese taste with a balsamic flair.  I like this recipe for something different.  I would make it again.




In the below photo, it looks greasy but its from the light of the flash.  The sauce was actually more of a black color and not very greasy at all.


Ingredients:

12 chicken drumsticks, skin on (the skin is important for flavor, but remove it if you want)
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce 
3 3/4 tablespoons sugar 
1 1/2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
small hot chili pepper, slit open, seeds removed

Directions:

Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat.  Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.  Remove any scum that rises to the surface.  Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the sauce, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.  (mine never thickened but it was still good).  Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.  

Comments

Popular Posts