Heart Rosette Wreath







I saw this idea from a posting on Our Best Bites.  She did a circle wreath but I decided to do a heart wreath because they had them in at Joann's and it's Valentine's time.  I think the white foam wreath was $3.99 before 40% off coupon.  I got my felt squares from Joann's.  I got 6 sheets of each color (hot pink, white, and light pink). A total of 18 sheets.  What I did was a little different from Our Best Bites because I divided the sheets into 6 rectangular squares and it worked totally fine.  You cut a little "swirly" pattern (check out her site for more details) from outside in and after cut, roll up from outside in until it looks like a little rose and then seal end with hot glue gun.  Then place the rosette on the wreath with hot glue.  I am happy with the finished product but wouldn't do it again.  It took SO long.  I prefer the one I made before with red petals made out of circles.  It was way less time consuming.  But if you are looking for something to do with your hands and want to keep busy, this may be for you.  But all in all, it does look pretty. 



Comments

  1. How you had time for that is beyond me! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the other wreath you suggested and it turned out pretty cute! I don't think I have the patience for this one, but looks like you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I'm glad you tried the other one. I like the other one much more because it was easier. But I loved how both turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts