Broccoli Salad

This recipe is from my grandma Helen.  I loved when she made this salad for family dinners when we went to visit.  I used pre-made bacon crumbles from Costco.  I usually don't measure the vegetables and don't add a whole onion, the recipe calls for cauliflower but you can use just broccoli like I did above.  I also add dried cranberries and you could add raisins too.  Add sunflowers seed if desired.  Also, I haven't been cooking the dressing first.  I just whisk dressing ingredients and then pour over salad, it's just as good and less work.  Thanks Grandma, I miss you and thanks for making such good food that I can keep cooking in my family. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1-3/4 # broccoli, broken into florets
1 medium red onion, sliced or diced thinly
1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into pieces (optional)
1/2 # sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled

Directions:
In a small saucepan combine mayo, sugar, oil, and vinegar.  Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.  Cool to room temperature.  In large bowl combine rest of ingredients.  Add dressing and toss to coat.  Cover and refrigerate several hours or over night. 





Comments

Popular Posts