Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a recipe I have been using since college. It's quick and easy and tastes really good. I did not get a photo taken because I forgot, and they just got eaten up too quickly. My father-in-law was in town and loves sweets so I thought I would make some for him before he went back. My family loved them and so did the Laurels that I teach. Trust me, they taste great and are worth the try. I added grated orange peel (my dad's secret ingredient). It makes the taste of the cookie even better. You can also use whole wheat flour in place of white flour.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
Approx. 1 tbsp grated orange peel (optional-but so good)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Add approximately 1 tbsp grated orange peel. Beat well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate and butterscotch chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven, place cookies on cooling rack.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
Approx. 1 tbsp grated orange peel (optional-but so good)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Add approximately 1 tbsp grated orange peel. Beat well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate and butterscotch chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven, place cookies on cooling rack.

Comments
Post a Comment