

I really love to bake. I try to limit baking once a week, on Sunday. However, some weeks like today, I may do it more often:). Today my kids are home from school, so it's party time. Party time includes going to get the boys haircut (finally) and getting some deals at Yokes. They had a really good baking sale today for Fresh Friday. They had Hershey's baking chips for $1.69 a pack. It may not be the best that you can get but without coupons and easy access to the supplies, it was a good deal for me. There were all sorts of chips to buy, so I stocked up. UPDATE: So I really loved these cookies but I didn't like how they flattened so much and I felt that there were too many chips for how little dough it made. I ended up making some chocolate cookies with some peanut butter chips in it and I loved the texture of them much better and they tasted so good. So I changed the recipe to the one I included below. I haven't yet tried it with mint but I know it will taste awesome. Plus it makes more cookies! Here is the
LINK to the new chocolate cookie dough recipe I love or follow the instructions below.
Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 pkg of 10 oz pkg of mint chocolate chips (ie Hershey's)
Directions:
Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in mint chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 10 minutes. (Do not over bake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.
HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS:
-- Increase flour to 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons.
-- Decrease baking soda to 3/4 teaspoon.
-- Decrease sugar to 1-2/3 cups.
-- Add 2 teaspoons water with flour mixture.
-- Bake at 350°F, 7 to 8 minutes. Yield increases to about 6 dozen.
Comments
Post a Comment