Ginger Snaps with Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe is from my friend Kristi Lewis. She had a super fun Halloween party one year when we lived in Moxee. She made these ginger snap cookies and the "dip" to go with it. I've been wanting to make these for a long time and finally today I was able to make them. The recipe doesn't say anything about pressing down dough, but I did, and I think you are not suppose to. It makes a more "fluffy" cookie.
Ingredients:
Gingersnaps:
3/4 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Frosting:
1 pkg softened cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 carton of cool whip
Directions:
Cream together butter and sugar. Stir in molasses and egg. Add 1 cup flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and ground cloves and stir to combine. Add remaining flour. Chill dough in freezer for 15 minutes. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll into sugar. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes 3 dozen. Frosting: Combine 1st three ingredients, stir in cool whip.

Comments
Post a Comment